Monday, December 22, 2008

Can you take more sock knitting pictures?

Because I have to have someone to share them with!

Here are some socks I did for my five-year-old. I did them with Cascade Fixation, which for those of you who don't know, is a cotton yarn with some elastic in it. I thought I was a wool-only girl, but I just loved this yarn for kids socks. They are probably the best-fitting socks I've ever made. I did them toe-up in a basic 2 x 2 rib with a picot bind off.


Here are Steve's boring work socks all finished. They turned out well - fit great, feel nice and look good. These were a 3 x 1 rib (finished in 1 x 1 rib for 1 1/2 inches or so). I used this pattern, which is my new go-to sock pattern. Sigh. Why don't guys like lace? I am the model in this pic, so the socks don't fit as snugly as they do on Steve.


And, some Basic Dude Socks I made for my dad for Christmas. I don't think he reads my blog. I'll have to warn my mom not to read this when my dad is in the room! These socks are made with worsted weight yarn (actually, three strands of sock yarn twisted together). They knit up VERY fast. I could get used to this! Again, I'm the sock model here, so they look baggier than they will be on my Dad.


And, that's it for finished objects. I've cast on some little socks for my baby for Christmas, which I think will also work up quickly, seeing as his little feet aren't very big.


Well, I'm off to knit!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christine,

    I got your link from the cmcanada list, and I'm glad I took the time to stop by! I loved your comments on self-educating, and now I'm just dying to try knitting some socks (my knitting skills are rather mediocre, but having managed a pair of mittens some years ago I think I might try your "boring" guy socks...)

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas,
    Ruby in Montreal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruby,
    I only started knitting a couple of years ago and I did so JUST so I could knit socks. They are so much easier than everyone believes they are. I was a beginner knitter when I made my first pair, which turned out lovely. If you can make mittens, you can make socks. I'd love to hear how it goes if you do make some!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please post all your sock pictures on Ravelry, which is how I found your blog. All your socks are very nice! Love the "Dad" socks and the husband socks. Not that the others aren't nice. There's just something about plain, functional socks that is very appealing. You could always add one stripe, like at the toe or a two color heel flap to jazz 'em up! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I do have them on Ravelry! I am ChristineG over there, too. :) Thanks for the compliments, Jean.

    ReplyDelete