Monday, April 13, 2009

On My Needles

I've been doing a fair bit of gift knitting lately for people who I think might read my blog, so I haven't posted my projects. :) I do have two pairs of socks on the go right now that I will share with you. They are for my favourite person to knit for -- ME! Why do I like knitting for myself? Well, I am always grateful. I always appreciate the amount of work that has gone into the making of the item. I can always take my measurements to give the best possible chance that the item will fit. And -- I usually like the colours I choose!

What's on my needles at this time?

First of all, I am knitting Cookie A's Twisted Flower socks. I remember when I started knitting almost two years ago, these socks looked hopelessly complicated. I looked at them and thought, "Wow. I will never be at the stage where I could make socks like that." I was sure I would always knit plain or almost plain socks with self-striping yarn to make things interesting. However, I can honestly say that these socks are a breeze now. I am knitting them two at a time on magic loop. They are part of a knit along on a Ravelry group called, Makin' Cookies. The yarn is Knit Picks, Risata, which is a wool/cotton/nylon/elastic blend.


Next, I am knitting some socks called Brainless. They are created toe-up, my preferred method, and I am working them two at a time. Don't be fooled by the name or by the simple appearance. I actually find the pattern a bit more challenging than the name suggests. It isn't that they are difficult to knit, but rather just that at times interpreting the pattern can involve some mental work.


These socks are part of another knit along, one of the April selections for the Thrifty Knitters Sock Club on Ravelry. (I think these Ravelry links will only work for those of you who are Ravelry members.) I am using some lovely hand-dyed yarn gifted to me in a swap a couple of months ago.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend! Steve is still off work today, so we are enjoying a relaxing family day today.

1 comment: