Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This week's food: CSA and Frozen Foods

Today was our bi-weekly CSA pick-up at Whole Circle Farm. (We pick up weekly in the summer when there are tons of veggies.)


In this pick up, we received:
  • 2 lbs carrots
  • 2 lbs potatoes
  • 2 lbs rutabagas
  • 1 lb onions
  • 2 lbs parsnips
  • 4 c. dried black beans
  • 2 lbs sweet potatoes
  • 1 cabbage
  • 4 dried chili peppers
After the farm, I dropped by the frozen food place. I love the quality at this particular, independent store. I would say I go about once every 3 months, more often if we are in a real smoothie phase and not at all over the summer months, except for ice cream.


  • 2 - 2 kg bags of strawberries
  • 1 kg pineapple chunks
  • 1 kg mango chunks
  • 5 lb box of wild blueberries
  • 2 L of really good butterscotch ripple ice cream
And thus ends a week of food buying in our household. I don't normally make quite so many stops in one week, but we seemed to run out of so many things all at one time, so I thought it was a great time for blogging my adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment